I cringe at that association, but I regretfully cannot argue that Heartland is just a tag-along in the libertarian movement -- their roots go back to the origins of the "think-tank" component of the libertarian movement.
Since I cannot disown them from the libertarian movement, I can only discredit their approach to climate change, and point out how they discredit the libertarian movement by politicizing science.
With that, I suggest the following blog articles, the first being by Kevin Carson at the Center for a Stateless Society, and the rest being my own thoughts as published at the (defunct) Freedom Democrats blog:
- Libertarians for Junk Science (by Kevin Carson)
- Politicization of Climate Sciences
- The risk of Climate Change, and its implications
- Activism: looking in, looking out (libs and climate science)
- Science denialism
- America's Climate Choices